Henstaff Construction, formed in 1997, is a Tier 1 South Wales building contractor with a current turnover of £6.0 Million. We intend to expand, with controlled growth to £10 Million, Our individual projects range from £350K to £4.0 Million. We excel at technically challenging schemes and working across all disciplines of the built environment (healthcare, retail, leisure, residential, industrial, education, commercial, listed).
In line with our business plan, we have recently been awarded several contracts and are seeking to employ an Experienced Quantity Surveyor.
We are an equal opportunity employer
He or she will assist our Managing Surveyor with all aspects of works form taking off quantities to letting subcontracts. As well as being able to oversee one – two small projects from award to final account, ideally you will have minimum of 3-5 years’ experience, with a building contractor, also assist our Senior Estimator from time to time. The following qualities would be desirable: –
- The successful candidate will be hard working, industrious and anxious to learn and progress. Strong communication skills, team player, diligent, proactive.
- Our preference is for someone from a contracting background, with good knowledge of the industry.
- The post would suit a HNC or HND qualified with three to five years’ experience. We will provide further sponsorship training to progress if required to the successful candidate.
- He or she must be capable of dealing well with paperwork, good writing skills, record keeping, and be computer literate. Further training can be provided.
- We use Causeway Estimating and CAD Measure software. Knowledge of these or similar programmes would be advantageous. Again, further training can be provided.
- Maintain awareness of risk, value management and cost control throughout project and to work within quick time scales, and procurement strategies. And supply chain to maximise buying gains.
- Awareness of various contracts and responsibilities/obligations and understanding of parties within would be adventurous.
- Able to work under limited supervision, prepare cost information for variations for costing, and prepare monthly valuations, and gather information for cost value reconciliation reports.
- We have a strong training culture and have helped a number of our staff to obtain further qualifications. Further training will be offered as part of our Training Plan.
- The post is based in our Cardiff Bay Head Office A full driving licence is desirable, as there will be requirement to visit sites.
Salary. We are flexible, and remuneration package is dependent on the candidate’s ability and experience.
No Agencies Please