Who we are
We are a modern business with traditional values:
Client focused – we build relationships too, not just buildings, and deliver what we promise. This is evident through our level of repeat business, currently in excess of 75%.
Experienced – established in 1997, we apply our experience to delivering quality buildings in a safe environment – we have even won awards for it from Vale of Glamorgan Council and Carmarthen Civic Society for restoration work at Old Guildhall, Carmarthen.
Innovative and creative – it is our aim to keep ahead of regulatory changes and pro-actively problem solve to add value to our projects. We excel at projects with high technical content/M&E, and those projects where the building is required to remain operational throughout refurbishment.
Our People – we help our people to reach their full potential through training, development, equality and safety.
- Henstaff was the fastest growing company in Wales in 2001 according to the Western Mail Fast Growth Fifty Wales. www.fastgrowth50.com. Maintaining this, we were in the Fast Growth Fifty again in 2005, 2008 and 2018.
- Our Managing Director Akbar Ali was CIOB Wales Building Manager of the Year 1997 for his work on the Norwich Union building in Cardiff.
- Support Tiger Bay FC and the Construction Youth Trust. Our old computers are donated to local schools as part of our drive for community benefits.
- We are active members of the Considerate Constructors Scheme, have won two awards for our performance and consistently deliver above the standard KPI’s.
- We aim to and have achieved recycling rates of over 90% across our sites
- We carry £5m PI for design and build. We are developers in our own right, though our main focus has been on contracting for the last five years. We have a 1A NHBC rating.
- We have won a Considerate Constructors 2016 Silver Award as one the highest performing companies across the UK.