Formed in 1997, Henstaff Construction are a Tier 1 building contractor who have wide experience of new build, refurbishment and restoration projects, working across all disciplines of the built environment (healthcare, retail, leisure, residential, industrial, education, commercial, listed).
We excel at technically challenging schemes, have an exemplar record of delivering projects on time and within budget, and apply our experience to delivering quality buildings in a safe environment.
Due to our company growth plan, we are looking for a Junior/Trainee Quantity Surveyor to assist with the deliver projects between £300k and £5m around South Wales/The West. They will assist our Quantity Surveyor with all aspects of works form taking off quantities to letting subcontracts. Our Senior Estimator will also need assistance from time to time. The following qualities are desirable:-
- The successful candidate will be hard working, industrious and anxious to learn and progress.
- Our preference is for someone from a contracting background, though this is not essential for a suitably committed candidate.
- The post would suit a HNC or HND trained QS with some experience, preferably on site. The academic qualifications are not essential and we will provide/sponsor training for the right candidate.
- She or he must be capable of dealing well with paperwork and be computer literate. Further training can be provided.
- We use Causeway Estimating and CAD Measure software. Knowledge of these or similar programmes would be advantageous. Again, further training can be provided.
- What is crucial is a clear understanding of the need to produce high quality accurate work against time pressure.
- Given the general short duration of our projects there is a need for quickly understanding and organising the work.
- We have a strong training culture and have helped a number of our staff to obtain further qualifications. Further training will be offered as part of our Training Plan.
Key skills and qualities:
- Hardworking and versatile.
- An eye for detail and a genuine interest in producing quality work.
- Computer literacy essential.
- Must have full driving licence.
In return we offer a competitive training, remuneration and incentive package for the right person. The post is based in our Cardiff Head Offices. A full driving licence is desirable, though are served by public transport.
If this full-time position is of interest then please forward a covering letter explaining what you could bring to this role, along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th August.
No agencies please.