Formed in 1997, Henstaff Construction are a Tier 1 building contractor who have wide experience of new build, refurbishment and restoration projects, working across all disciplines of the built environment (healthcare, retail, leisure, residential, industrial, education, commercial, listed).
We excel at technically challenging schemes, have an exemplar record of delivering projects on time and within budget, and apply our experience to delivering quality buildings in a safe environment.
Due to our company growth plan, we are looking for a commercially minded Site/Project Manager to deliver projects between £300k and £5m around South Wales/The West. You will be responsible for managing either a larger scale construction project (up to £5m, new build or refurbishment), or a series of smaller projects, depending on workload.
- The day to day site supervision from site set up to handover.
- Dealing with subcontractors, suppliers and our own labour.
- Liaison with Architects, Clients, Engineers, Building Control, Service Providers and the public.
- Responsible for site safety.
- Responsible for the quality of workmanship.
- Setting out and working from drawings and Specifications.
- Taking off and accurately ordering materials and plant.
- Planning day to day operations.
- Keeping records and dealing with paperwork.
Key skills and qualities:
- Hardworking and versatile.
- Man management and customer care skills.
- Flexibility over both type of work and location.
- Take responsibility for Site Safety.
- An eye for detail and a genuine interest in producing quality work.
- Good all round site experience.
- Computer literacy essential.
- Must have full driving licence. A company car can be provided, or use of own car with mileage being paid under Inland Revenue rules.
In addition to the above, ideally you will hold a construction related qualification (BSc/MSc etc) and have at least 5 years’ experience delivering projects of a similar scale. In return we offer a competitive training, remuneration and incentive package for the right person.
If this full-time position is of interest then please forward a covering letter explaining what you could bring to this role, along with your CV to email@example.com by 20th August.
No agencies please.