Formed in 1997, Henstaff Construction are a Tier 1 building contractor who have wide experience of new build, refurbishment and restoration projects, working across all disciplines of the built environment (healthcare, retail, leisure, residential, industrial, education, commercial, listed).
We excel at technically challenging schemes, have an exemplar record of delivering projects on time and within budget, and apply our experience to delivering quality buildings in a safe environment.
Due to our company growth plan, we are seeking an experienced and flexible construction professional to deliver projects between £300k and £5m around South Wales/The West. You will be responsible for managing either a larger scale construction project (up to £5m, new build or refurbishment), or a series of smaller projects, depending on workload.
- To prepare estimating packages for sub contract enquiry.
- Liaise with the client and site teams and take the lead with contract administration, including record keeping
- Ensure timely submission of bids and valuations
- Ensure cash flow is maximised including ensuring payments are received on time
- Ensure the accurate and timely evaluation and agreement of final quantities, revised and additional items, rates and compensation events
- Identify additional entitlement under the contract including the monitoring of daily records
- Ensure that good records are kept in order that the full entitlement under the contract is achieved
- Identify and realise opportunities to maximise cost/value management.
- Preparation and attendance at site and client meetings.
- Preparation of accurate and timely monthly valuation reports.
- Procurement and management of subcontract packages.
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks.
- Evaluate risks and review project risk register.
- Assist with preparation of contractual claims.
- Measure and assess the work undertaken and then submit detailed, accurate and timely applications
Key skills and qualities:
- Hardworking and versatile.
- Must be flexible and able to work as part of a team and using own initiative
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Ability to use a range of IT packages including Microsoft Office and bespoke packages
- Literate and Numerate
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Must have full driving licence. A company car can be provided, or use of own car with mileage being paid under Inland Revenue rules.
In addition to the above, ideally you will hold a construction related qualification (BSc/MSc etc) and have at least 5 years’ experience delivering projects of a similar scale. In return we offer a competitive training, remuneration and incentive package for the right person.
If this full-time position is of interest then please forward a covering letter explaining what you could bring to this role, along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th August.
No agencies please.